The improved site has a clean, modern design, and includes must-haves such as improved navigation, responsiveness, ease of use on mobile devices, and photos and graphics that reflect the diversity of our students and our programs. The new website increases STLCC’s competitive stance in the higher education marketplace.
Through lengthy research including competitor analysis, interviews, surveys and research groups, all of the information we learned gave our team clear direction on the goals for a re-design. The new website is a crucial step to raising enrollment and providing a premier student experience. STLCC will be more competitive when it comes to recruiting students and appealing to the way they search and consume information about education.
The new STLCC website includes key elements, such as:
- Enhanced search function
- A Current Students section specifically designed to quickly locate the most important information they need on a daily basis
- A Faculty & Staff section that’s specifically designed to quickly locate valuable resources
- Ability to effectively market the College to potential students about the variety of our programs and benefits of attending STLCC
- A quick start option for those who don’t quite know what they are looking for
- Quick links on all pages for visitors to Schedule a Visit, Get More Info and Apply Now
- Accessibility for all users, including those with disabilities. For example: high contrast colors for those who may be colorblind, captioned videos and a website designed to be read by screen readers, for the visually impaired.
We know there will be a learning curve for faculty, staff, current students and alumni, but we are here to help! Training sessions for faculty and staff will continue in the coming weeks.
To date, 160 people across the District have contributed their time and expertise to this process. We appreciate all of their support in creating a wonderful new website for the benefit of our students and the future of STLCC!
As we approach the launch – which begins April 27 at 5 p.m. – you can expect to learn more about what’s to come with the new website. For example, previews of the new site will happen on each campus in the next two weeks. You’ll get email messages from Marketing and Communications with updates, and you can follow STLCC on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.
STLCC Marketing and Communications